Re: EOWG: Media Requirements comments by Wed 12 Nov

Hi Shawn,

Looks good, thanks for this write-up.

A couple of minor comments:

Comment #1: Regardless of any title changes, I think that the document
needs to clarify that the listing is non-exhaustive. That is, I think
this important point should be a separate comment. It could be as easy
to address as saying "example of affected disabilities include" or so.

Comment #2: It might be worthwhile to add to the comment that several
WAI resources use the sequence "auditory, cognitive, neurological,
physical, speech, and visual disabilities", and that we recommend to
align with that for continuity with WAI resources. They could either
prefix the headings or use more heading levels to keep the current
granularity (ie. "deafness" under "auditory" heading).

Comment #4: I have a mild preference for keeping in the listing but
maybe better framing with a "such as" or so. I think it helps readers
who may be unaware of "cognitive disabilities" to have some handles with
terms that they may have heard of (ie. autism). However, I don't feel
strongly and there is no need to re-open EO discussion, if this
particular point has been discussed already.

Comment #5: Maybe change "more in-depth" to "broader"? Not sure if "How
People with Disabilities" really digs much deeper vs provides a broader
introduction that is not limited to media context.

People with Disabilities Use the Web", but intends to explain these user
needs in the particular context of media. We can acknowledge that by
changing "clean up the language" to "add specifics for the media
context, as needed" or such. PS: If we want to keep "clean up the
language" then we should also say how to do that.

Best,
   Shadi