      From: Wayne E Dick [mailto:wayneedick@gmail.com]
      Sent: 17 May 2014 01:28
      To: w3c-wai-eo@w3.org
      Subject: Question about ambiguous scope

      Is the scope of upper left corner of a table ever
      unambiguous without a scope attribute? How does a program
      determine the scope upper left corner in any simple table
      without a scope attribute?  Are there an HTML semantic
      rules that says it is column or row header?

      Wow, I never thought about this until this morning.  What
      a nifty paradox.