Re: EOWG: updated Use of WCAG 2.0 Techniques and Failures

My login is broken on the Wiki, but I wanted the group to see this.

Wayne

Maybe the introduction should look like this:

"Appropriate Use of Techniques for Writing Policy:

This document clarifies the use of Techniques as they are used in the
writing and implementation of policy. Successful implementations of
WCAG 2.0 support the WCAG 2.0 Success Criteria. The only true measure
conformance is whether the success criteria that appear in the WCAG
2.0 Guidelines are satisfied.

The techniques that appear in that appear in the WCAG Techniques
Document are vetted methods successfully implement content that
conforms to WCAG 2.0. They are not the only way to satisfy the WCAG
2.0 success creiteria, but they are known to work every time.

The fact that WCAG Techniques are not the only way to meet the Success
Criteria, makes them a poor choice as a basis for writing policy. All
policy should b written to the Success Criteria, and Techniques should
only be used as exemplars of exellent ways to satisfy the criteria."

Wayne