Updating Policies Relating to Web Accessibility

Regarding the updates [1], [2] The lists of legislation can be
daunting to say the least, unless one reads and digests the whole
content of a section. Although the scope excludes comments about each
country, it could be useful to have a questionnaire for correspondents
to fill out. For example, ask:

* Does the jurisdiction have a general non-discrimination provision,
or one specific to disability.

* Is there any legislation specific to websites.

* Is it is a subject to higher-level jurisdiction such as a federation
of states; is there any provision at a lower state or regional level.
for example, Spain has devolved a lot of powers to the regions
(healthcare and education for example) but disability discrimination
legislation seems to be entirely national.

* Any penalties for non-compliance with the law.

* Have there been any legal actions or judgements against
non-compliant websites.

It may also be useful to standardise the structure of each listing
entry for relevant documents, according to who published the document,
whether it has force of law, the date of publication.

Maintaining this document is a huge effort, I think. I might be useful
to set up a dedicated mailing list for people to send updates to, so
that even if the updates haven't yet been incorporated into the
document, people can easily search for a country and see what' been
notified.

cheers,

Alan

[1] http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/Drafts/policy-updates