Re: comments for discussion on "How People with Disabilities Use the Web"

Comments inline

On 29/10/2010 08:53, Shadi Abou-Zahra wrote:
> Sailiesh Panchang
> - Throughout, "Related sections": keep nested lists or use sub-headings?
Nested lists are appropriate here. +1 keep but editor's discretion.
> - Stories, "Mr Lee": remove discussion of CMS as it is too technical?
Maybe, but more important to have CMS discussed somewhere - it's not
just public facing websites!
> - Stories, "Mr Lee": portrait effect of keyboard inaccessibility on
> RSI as "re-damaging" vs "increasing pain"?
re-damaging stood out as an odd usage - suggest 'causing significant pain'?
> Jennifer Sutton
> - Overview, "catchy phrase": not a complete last sentence in the middle
Not sure I understand -- do you mean "/How do people who cannot move
their arms use your website? What about people who cannot see well or at
all? Or who have difficulty hearing or understanding, or who have other
accessibility needs?/" -- if so you could replace the middle two
question marks with em-dashes to improve the grammar?
> - Stories: use term "stories" consistently rather than mixing with
> "scenarios"
Agree, +1
> Suzette Keith  - Throughout: add some references for teachers? Maybe
> just a note on the overview page?
Editor's discretion - nice point but don;t think it should hold up
publication
> Sylvie Duchateau  - Throughout: remove "Page Contents" <h2> (??
> requesting confirmation)
Hmmm. not sure. I found it quite useful as a navigation aid. Maybe run
it as a box float right as on other pages on WAI site?
> Michael Stenitzer  - Throughout: make "How People with Disabilities
> Use the Web" a superheadline (with smaller font) rather than
> sub-headline as now
Ooh, nice. Maybe one for other docs too in the great WAI site redesign?
> - Throughout: drop information in brackets in "related sections" links
Editor's discretion
> - Overview, "catchy phrase": last sentence of the is not fluid
Disagree, I think.
> - Principles, "Accessibility Standards" section: add new sub-section
> specifically about WAI standards (reusing the same content)
Agree.

Regards all

Liam