Re: Call for Review: Introduction to "How People with Disabilities Use the Web"

Hi Shawn & EOWG:

In general, the Intro looks great, and thanks for the work on this.

Specifically, I think that it would benefit from directly saying,
somewhere in the intro, that the examples are currently synched w/
WCAG 1.0 but that it will be updated to reflect WCAG 2.0.

Right now in the intro it says:
>The draft document will soon be updated to reflect current best
>practice. We expect it to be completed and published by 2010, as
>part of the WAI-AGE Project.

Perhaps this further clarification could be built briefly into that
paragraph (though the wording "current best practice" looks carefully
chosen so perhaps there is background that I am missing on this) by saying:

>The draft document will soon be updated to reflect current best
>practice (by using examples from WCAG 2.0 instead of WCAG 1.0). We
>expect it to be completed and published by 2010, as part of the
>WAI-AGE Project.

Adding the clarification at this point in the document would not only
explain what is currently out of synch, but also reinforce that WCAG
2.0 is the current best practice, which I think it's useful to find
additional ways to reinforce.

I would also lean towards giving the time-frame as "within 2009"
instead of "by 2010."

Regards,

- Judy