From: w3c-wai-eo-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-wai-eo-request@w3.org] On
Behalf Of Shawn Henry
Sent: Friday, July 18, 2008 10:46 AM
To: EOWG (E-mail)
Subject: EOWG Please reply about titles ideas for the "Experiences...
Mobile Devices" document

EOWG,

At today's EOWG teleconference, we discussed the title for the document
at <http://www.w3.org/WAI/mobile/experiences-new>
Because we need to decide on the title next week, by Fri 25 July,
*please discuss ideas on the EOWG mailing list throughout the week*.

An initial suggestion:
* current wording: "Experiences Shared by People with Disabilities and
by People Using Mobile Devices"
* an issue: At least one key person misread the title and assumed the
document was about the experiences of people with disabilities using
mobile devices. I wonder if switching the order would help limit this
misunderstanding? Also, I think it might get broader reading and
attention by putting "mobile" first, especially since it is a WAI page.
* suggested revision: "Experiences Shared by People Using Mobile Devices
and by People with Disabilities"

Additional ideas from EOWG:
* Have short "handle", or title & subtitle
* Clarify that the document talks about people _without_ disabilities
who are using mobile devices and the similarities of people with
disabilities who are using desktop or laptop computers -- so reader
don't think it's about people with disabilities who are using mobile
devices
* Specific ideas in the 18 July draft minutes:
http://www.w3.org/2008/07/18-eo-minutes#item03
* Previous EOWG discussion of the title, 4 January:
http://www.w3.org/2008/01/04-eo-minutes#item04

Here is another idea for discussion:
* Shared Experiences: People Using Mobile Devices similar to People with
Disabilities

Regards,
~Shawn