Re: Comments on EOWG: Mobile-Accessibility Overlap document publication

Thanks for all these suggestions. I've implemented most of them in a new
version [1]. I think that the following two merit some input from BPWG.

Shawn Henry wrote:

> location: throughout
> current wording: WCAG 2.0 and MWBP 1.0 Together page
> suggested revision: I understood that EOWG decided at the 20 June
> teleconference to take this page out for now. In order to keep the scope
> down and get the first version of the document completed sooner, EOWG
> suggested doing the Together page in a second revision. They suggested
> putting a placeholder paragraph in the overview document that says we
> might provide detailed information later, and for now if you are looking
> at both WCAG 2.0 & MWBP fresh, it’s probably best to start with WCAG 2.0
> first and then use the "from WCAG 2.0 to MWBP 1.0" page, and also to
> point to the experiences document
> [http://www.w3.org/WAI/mobile/experiences] that shows some of the
> overlaps. [recorded in
> http://www.w3.org/2008/06/20-eo-minutes.html#action12]
> rationale: simplifies the nav and lists/table of subpages, and avoids
> sending them to a page that is essentially empty of content.

Removing the page isn't the same as putting in "placeholder" text. I
don't think we can publish the draft with what is perhaps the most
important page missing. The action recorded was "put a placeholder
document for the WCAG 2.0 & MWBP 1.0 together document that suggests
looking at WCAG 2.0 first and then the "from WCAG 2.0 to MWBP 1.0"
document, and point to experiences document
[http://www.w3.org/WAI/mobile/experiences] that show some of the
overlaps". I've included a "provide detailed information later"
paragraph as you suggest and the pointer to the experiences page. I
think that really, as the page in its present shape is what you are
suggesting, but it's in a seperate page, not in the overview. In short,
I've left the page there but included the information suggested.

 > location: overview page, “Managing Overlapping Requirements” section
 > current wording: whole section
 > suggested revision: move this to http://www.w3.org/WAI/mobile/
 > rationale: agreed to by EOWG: “ACTION: Alan: move the business case type
 > information to the other document (EO introduction) and here leave only
 > the technical information” -
 > http://www.w3.org/2008/06/20-eo-minutes.html#action15
Do you mean remove this section altogether? Perhaps this change can be
held over until after comment from BPWG.

best regards,

Alan

[1]
http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/TaskForces/Accessibility/drafts/ED-mwbp-wcag-20080702/