Test case for WCAG 2

From: Liam McGee <liam@communis.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 14:28:05 +0100
To: "EOWG (E-mail)" <w3c-wai-eo@w3.org>

Today a client presented me with a query which makes an interesting
'test case' for WCAG 2.

If he uses a CSS technique to replace a button with a background image,
is this inaccessible? In practical terms, yes. If I am a sighted user
with images disabled then I see nothing at all.

But it doesn't technically contravene WCAG1.0. So I looked at WCAG2.0
expecting to find something along the lines of 'make sure it is usable
with images turned off' as an item. Nope.

Any thoughts?