from Tanguy - [Fwd: Re: revision of Introduction to Web Accessibility]

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: revision of Introduction to Web Accessibility
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 10:16:51 +0200
From: tanguy lohéac <tanguy.loheac@accessiweb.org>
To: Shawn Henry <shawn@w3.org>, EOWG <w3c-wai-eo@w3.org>

Hi All,
Here's a quick feedback from reviewing and comparing both documents :
1. I've read both documents as if I were a web developer interested in
making my site accessible.

My feeling is that when reading the "revised document", I don't really know
to what extent I would have to involve for this. It appears that addressing
web accessibility mainly relies on tools and software, even if the document
sometimes refers to "techniques". Then I don't really understand what would
be my role and/or my benefits, as a web developer, on fixing accessibility
issues, and what kind of human help and advice I can get (training,
tutorial...)

2. To me, it is not clear enough that web accessibility topic should not
only be considered during development, but also all along the site's life.

3. Unless, I've missed it, I can see any references to assistive
technologies that can also help in accessing the WEB.

Regards

Tanguy