Comments on updated components document

From: Alan Chuter <achuter@teleservicios.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 15:28:23 +0200
To: w3c-wai-eo@w3.org, achuter@teleservicios.com

Resending this as it doesn't seem to have arrived in past half hour.

In the section "When One Component is Weak":

I think the phrase "However, if one component does not implement an
accessibility feature", would be better turned around to say "However,
when an accessibility feature is not implemented by one of the
components". There are many features that are not implemented. "When" is
closer to reality than "if".

In the diagram I don't understand "content: natural". Perhaps it means
binary objects, but it isn't clear to me.

The phrase "work-arounds that take much more effort", maybe say "require"
rather than "take".

"Work-around" is perhaps difficult for non-native speakers, but such too
good a word not to use it; perhaps an explanation in parentheses would be
a good idea (like "interim  solution").

I had trouble understanding the phrase "some missing accessibility support
in one component". Alternative "work-arounds do not always exist" or
"there is not always a work around for the missing feature" or "for many
accessibility features there is no work around".

Under "Guidelines for Components" / WCAG, "the code aspect" I found rather
obscure. Perhaps it would be useful to use describe these components in
terms of producer, product and consumer. WCAG applies to the finished
product.

regards,

Alan Chuter
achuter@teleservicios.com