Introduction to Web Accessibility, What is it

From: Alan Chuter <achuter@teleservicios.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2004 12:32:57 +0200
To: w3c-wai-eo@w3.org

The first sentence ends "pwd can use the Web" Is this what we mean here?
Might it not be better to say something like "An accessible Web is one
that can be used by PWD" (of course there is only one Web, but "The
accessible Web" isn't right either) or "Web accessibility is about
ensuring that PWD can use the Web".

In the third paragraph "organizations" confused me at first. Perhaps "Web
site owners/managers" might be better. It doesn't seem right that this
paragraph is longer than the previous one (although perhaps it is more
difficult to explain). Do we need to include older people. Surely it only
affects them if they are disabled, in which case they don't fit in this
paragraph.

We could rewrite the third sentence to be shorter: "This benefits
everyone, including those without disabilities but in problem/difficult
situations..."

"For more information on how organizations benefit from Web accessibility,
see" could be cut to "See also"

Alan Chuter
achuter@teleservicios.com