Introduction to Web Accessibility: why important

From: Chuck Letourneau <cpl@starlingweb.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 15:11:22 -0400
To: w3c-wai-eo@w3.org
Introduction to Web Accessibility: "Why Web Accessibility is Important"

Paragraph  2, Sentence 2 reads:
"Currently most Web sites are designed with accessibility barriers that
create unnecessary difficulties for many people with disabilities or even
prevent them from using the site at all."
"... are designed with ... " seems to suggest that inaccessible design is a
conscious decision (i.e. made by evil content providers) when we generally
accept (don't we?) that much inaccessible design happens due to lack of
awareness.

How about:
"Currently most Web sites have accessibility barriers that create
unnecessary difficulties for many people with disabilities or even prevent
them from using the site at all."
This is simpler and less confrontational, in my mind.

Cheers,
Chuck Letourneau