From: w3c-wai-eo-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-wai-eo-request@w3.org]On Behalf
Of Sailesh Panchang
Sent: Friday, February 06, 2004 8:51 AM
To: EOWG
Subject: Re: Web Accessibility Validation and Repair: Which Tools and Why?

It would have been really useful if it had done what its name suggests. But
it has not really looked at  the  tools' ability / accuracy  in detecting/
correcting violations. That I believe is the essence of  such a study. User
interface,reporting capabilities and platforms support are addressed  by the
study and are useful factors for comparison when  the tools being compared
have  similar abilities and accuracy in detecting / correcting violations.
I wonder  if WAI-E&R should  do such a study and  list strengths and
weaknesses of desktop  / server versions of available   Web accessibility
E&R tools. That will really benefit the community of accessibility
developers / auditors.
Sailesh Panchang
Senior Accessibility Engineer
Deque Systems,11180  Sunrise Valley Drive,
4th Floor, Reston VA 20191
Tel: 703-225-0380 Extension 105
E-mail: sailesh.panchang@deque.com <mailto:sailesh.panchang@deque.com>
Fax: 703-225-0387