Re: Web Accessibility Validation and Repair: Which Tools and Why?

From: Sailesh Panchang <sailesh.panchang@deque.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 12:00:42 -0500
To: "EOWG" <w3c-wai-eo@w3.org>
  It would have been really useful if it had done what its name suggests. But it has not really looked at  the  tools' ability / accuracy  in detecting/ correcting violations. That I believe is the essence of  such a study. User interface,reporting capabilities and platforms support are addressed  by the study and are useful factors for comparison when  the tools being compared  have  similar abilities and accuracy in detecting / correcting violations.
  I wonder  if WAI-E&R should  do such a study and  list strengths and weaknesses of desktop  / server versions of available   Web accessibility E&R tools. That will really benefit the community of accessibility developers / auditors.
  Sailesh Panchang
  Senior Accessibility Engineer
  Deque Systems,11180  Sunrise Valley Drive,
  4th Floor, Reston VA 20191
  Tel: 703-225-0380 Extension 105
  E-mail: sailesh.panchang@deque.com
  Fax: 703-225-0387