From: Henk Snetselaar [mailto:H.Snetselaar@bartimeus.nl]
Sent: Thursday, January 30, 2003 12:05 AM
To: w3c-wai-eo@w3.org
Subject: Web Accessibility is....

Hi all,

I will make a try too...

++++++++
Web accessibility means that everyone can use the functions of a web site;
* regardless of disability and the use of assitive technology;
* regardless of the operating system and the user agent (browser, PDA, WAP,
TV) that is used.
Web accessibility includes the content of a web site, the authoring tools of
web design and the user agents to explore the web.

+++++++++

In this definition main stream and special use is included (some people like
that a lot).
I know that some of you do have a problem with the wording *everyone can
use...*, but what about the Tim Berners-Lee slogan? (see below)

"The power of the Web is in its universality. Access by everyone regardless
of disability is an essential aspect." Tim Berners-Lee, W3C Director and
inventor of the World Wide Web

Regards,

Henk

H. Snetselaar
Bartimeus Educational Institute for the Blind and Partially Sighted
Utrechtseweg 84, 3702 AD  Zeist, the Netherlands
Tel: +31-(0)30-6982211 or +31(0)30-6982350
Fax: +31-(0)30-6982347
E-mail: H.Snetselaar@bartimeus.nl
Website: www.bartimeus.nl and www.accessibility.nl