Re: Character/Title of "root" documents?

At 10:41 AM 6/6/2003 -0400, Chuck Letourneau wrote:
>I am being asked to point people to published metrics, research or studies
>that back up the claims we make in our benefits suite.

The old "bean counters" vs. "hand-wavers" controversy? The "metrics" for
switching from a roomful of humans with T-squares and pencils to AutoDesk's
CAM springs to mind. Each of the "benefits" actually pales in comparison to
the single most significant argument: "It's the Law and programming is
cheaper than litigation - by orders of magnitude". The fact that some of
our target audience might grumble shouldn't make us avoid being aggressive
in both attitude and claims. The tempering pitch of "it's just terrible
that government sees fit to impose bureaucratic rules on private enterprise
- but what can one do?" may be in order, but there's merit in the
positivism of a presentation that avoids temporiz(s)ing the message. It's
not just "true because we say it is", it is in fact true.

--
Love.

It's Bad Luck to be Superstitious!