Look out!

From: William Loughborough <love26@gorge.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 06:57:20 -0800
To: wAI PF group <w3c-wai-pf@w3.org>, w3c-wai-eo@w3.org
I hope it has not gone unnoticed that I've chosen a rather small/personal
means of protesting a trend I abhor in W3C. It is summed up by Lawrence
Lessig in recent alarms, including a book. The fundamental message is at
http://cyberlaw.stanford.edu/future/ and my semi-withdrawal from "things
consortium" is a (quixotic?) tilting at what so many of my "surrogate
grandchildren" have helped build: a hopeful road to inclusion - everyone,
everything connected.

The groups to which I still subscribe (but only minimally participate in)
are central to preventing a disturbing slide by W3c towards the abyss that
has swallowed many past promises. I urge each of us to do whatever is
possible to stop this trend with a new dedication to inclusion. We cannot
hope to "change the world" if "the world" is allowed to step into/upon our
doings. We have to eat our own dog food.

--
Love.

It's Bad Luck to be Superstitious!