Announcing the Simplified Web Accessibility Guide

Thought you all might find this interesting. Just came today.

--- Forwarded Message from Glenda Watson Hyatt <Glenda@EAGLECOM.BC.CA> ---

>Date:         Fri, 12 Apr 2002 09:13:48 -0700
>Sender: Disabled Student Services in Higher Education <DSSHE-L@LISTSERV.ACSU.BUFFALO.EDU>
>From: Glenda Watson Hyatt <Glenda@EAGLECOM.BC.CA>
>Subject:      Announcing the Simplified Web Accessibility Guide
>To: DSSHE-L@LISTSERV.ACSU.BUFFALO.EDU

Greetings everyone,

I am pleased to announce a new publication - the Simplified Web
Accessibility Guide.  This publication is available on the Web, in both
.HTML and .PDF formats, at...

        http://www.webaccessguides.org

As many of you will know, the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C), the voluntary
organization that develops and maintains the common standards and protocols
without which the Internet could not function, has been working for a number
of years to build and maintain a set of guidelines (the Web Content
Accessibility Guidelines) that facilitate access to the contents of web
sites for persons with disabilities.

The Simplified Web Accessibility Guide introduces and presents the Web
Content Accessibility Guidelines from the W3C in an easy to understand, easy
to use question and answer format, and is targeted directly at developers of
career, learning and labour market information web sites - to help them to
produce better designed and more accessible web sites for persons with
disabilities.

Print copies of this publication may be ordered from the Open Learning
Agency, at...

        4355 Mathissi Place, Burnaby BC   V5G 4S8
        Tel: 604-431-3210, Toll Free: 1-800-663-1653, Fax: 604-431-3381
        Email: catalogue@ola.bc.ca, Web: http://www.ola.bc.ca
        Order Number: MN1935, ISBN 0-7726-4682-1

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me at
mailto:glenda@eaglecom.bc.ca.

Sincerely,
Glenda
*********
Glenda Watson Hyatt
Soaring Eagle Communications
"Creating freedom and power through accessible communications"
E Mail: mailto:Glenda@eaglecom.bc.ca
Website: http://www.eaglecom.bc.ca
Want to know how to make your website accessible to more people?
Subscribe to our FREE newsletter by emailing
mailto:newsletter@eaglecom.bc.ca

*********

To sign off the list, send a message to
* listserv@listserv.acsu.buffalo.edu