RE: Internal accessibility feedback

Hi Judy, Harvey, all,

I agree with Harvey that all staff in an organization should have at least
some mechanism for giving feedback on the accessibility of the
organization's web site.  In order to do that effectively, all staff need
sensitizing to the basics of web site accessibility or at least an overview
(or three or four) on why this is a good idea.

I would have had trouble at some points in bringing web accessibility to
ALA if I hadn't had the insights and involvement of staff from Customer
Service, HR, Publications and couple of other units.  We were able to pool
our knowledge of our customers and not play "Blind Men and the Elephant"
quite so often.  That is, we could see our customers more as a whole
organization, not just from the viewpoint of IT or Customer Service or one
of the eleven divisions or eleven offices.

Audrey