Re: Internal accessibility feedback

From: Harvey Bingham <hbingham@acm.org>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 08:48:02 -0500
To: Judy Brewer <jbrewer@w3.org>, EOWG <w3c-wai-eo@w3.org>
At 2001-12-13 00:19, Judy Brewer wrote:
>Hi Harvey,
>
>Are you thinking we should add something more explicit under the 'provide
>opportunity for feedback' point in the implementation plan, to recommend
>that the feedback options be available internally as well as for external
>users of Web sites?

Yes, company personnel should be sensitized to accessibility issues,
whether or not they are web page designers/creators. Education for
them as knowledgeable and interested employees who want the best
external presence (and for that matter intranet presence) seems a given,
though currently many only report content errors, not accessibility ones.

We can build on the desire for voice browsers as needed by phone browsers,
and the need to convert visual sites for that delivery mode.

Regard/Harvey