Regrets

All - got one of those CALLS YOU CANT IGNORE.

apologies - I very much wanted to be part of this discussion.

I feel the questions that should be asked should be a single "wake up"
document for all business cases.

some questions that I am putting in my paper on implementation are:

An Assessment should, at least, involve answers to the following questions:
Do you, as a senior policy maker, understand what accessibility is, and what
it means?
Do you know what departments and personnel within your organization are
responsible for ADA and 508 compliance?  (ADA/TECh act organization)
Do your IT managers (Department heads/MIS directors/Webmasters) understand
Electronic & Information Technology issues?
Have you adopted an architecture and web design standard for accessibility
(W3c/WAI, Sec. 508, etc.)
1.	Did you include all organizational stakeholders in their development?
2.	Do you have training and technical support available for those who do not
understand the practical implementation of that standard?
3.	Is the standard applied throughout your organization?
4.	Do you have a phased, cost-effective approach to limit undue burden?
Do your ecommerce/egovernment sites have a consistant, accessible interface?
Do Your customers have alternatives to ecommerce/egovernment services?
How will you evaluate your progress towards accessibility? (checklists,
assessment tools, etc.)
Are your electronic documents and databases accessible? (public and
internal)

-Mark D. Urban, MCP
NC/IRM Accessibility Architect
Vice-chair, National Committee on Information Technology Standards
V2 (IT Accommodations)
mark.urban@ncmail.net  919-395-8513