Re: Example of implementation plan: corporate - new version

Dear all,

I uploaded a third revision of the example of implementation plan:
corporate, following Friday's discussion on:
	http://fit.gmd.de/~velasco/wai-eo/ipcorporate.xml
Please, let me know on the list, since we are not meeting in the next
two weeks, anything missing. I fixed as well some spelling typos.

Rob, thanks for your comments. See my remarks between your comments.

Robert Neff wrote:

> this provides a really base!  here are my comments:
>
> 1.  here is an edit on the first paragraph last sentence.  also not sure
> people will understand 'rendering devices' and we may need simpler language.
> also big difference in the action where the word 'possible' is stated.  also
> i may this more complex and not sure if it needed but i am trying to
> highlight that this is is to be used by all - not just people with
> disabilities.
>
> "This policy will ensure our Web site is accessible to the widest possible
> audience and this includes people accessing our websites with different
> browsers and devices.  The devices may be used by people with disabilities
> as well as without disabilties and the web site may be rendered through a
> voice, text or other device. "

Suggestion included with a slight rewording :-)

> 2.  For section 2 Introduction paragraph, how about a simple intorduction
> paragraph.
>
> Successful implementation of the XYZ web accessibility requirements requires
> a plan that will obtain buy-in from all department plan.  The key areas that
> need to be addressed are organizational reviews, generating milestones,
> current situation analysis, training process, and quality assurance.

This paragraph is rather confusing for a non-native speaker. I looked up
in several places "buy-in", and I could not find a definition. Maybe it
is business jargon. I will be happy to include your suggestion, if you
help us, non-native speakers, with the first sentence :-))

> 3.  Under 2. Introduction's 2nd paragraph, these are milestones and may need
> to be under that header. "The plan is subject to change and will be reviewed
> and evaluated by a mixed team of external and internal experts in weeks 6,
> 12 and 24 from its starting date. "

Done

> 4.  For 2.1. Organizational changes, want to avoid the word 'changes' - not
> good.  suggest organization reviews. I have an issue with ths paln in the
> voice and tense we are using. Are we laying out a plan to do an
> implementation review or are we writing how it will be implemented.  I
> propose we write as an assessment and impact study.

"Changes" eliminated. The voice and tense was agreed some
"teleconferences" ago, but it is possible to modify it. In regard to
your last comment, again, you've got me lost again.

> 5. Probably need to address cost and resources somewhere. i saw positions,
> but may want ta separate bullet for resources.

There will be an appendix on costs. In regard to resources, I might be
wrong, but I see it belonging to the business plan, but not to the
implementation plan. Again, you have far more experience than me in this
issues.

Regards,
carlos

--