EOWG: Sample cost factor explanations

EOWG:

After our discussion today, I wanted to show what I meant by a minimalist
explanation of the terms on the page 	http://diap.net/bizcost.htm

I really don't think much is required (see examples below, where each
primary level item has a few words of explanation) but given the many types
of audiences that this document is intended for, I believe that we have to
add in at least a brief explanation of what these terms mean in this context.

The following sample explanations took about seven minutes to do, and would
not inordinately add to the length of the page.

Short term costs:
- Accessibility Assessment (see sample assessment at: ...)
- Training (consider management briefing, general awareness, in-depth
technical training, other. see training suggestions at: .... )
	--
Management awareness training
	-- Document Author training
	-- Developer training
- Subject matter expert time (are external consultants needed initially?)
- Materials, equipment, tools and assistive technologies (need to purchase
new Web authoring software? see guidelines at: ... need to purchase any
assistive technologies for purpose of Web site evaluation? see information
on assistive technologies at:... )
- Developer time (will additional Web developer time be needed to evaluate
or retrofit existing Web pages, or to add accessibility into new pages?)
- Quality assurance and testing (will an informal testing effort be
sufficient, or is a testing lab needed? see information on testing at: ...)
- Travel (will trainers need to travel to different divisions of the
organization?)
- Contingency (funds for cost overruns?)

Judy

>Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2001 09:05:52 -0400
>To: EOWG <w3c-wai-eo@w3.org>
>From: Judy Brewer <jbrewer@w3.org>
>Subject: EOWG: Agenda, 6 April, 2001
>
>EOWG:
>
>URL for .htm version of William and Jean-Marie's combined document:
>	http://diap.net/bizcost.htm

World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)