  From: William Loughborough
  To: jonathan chetwynd ; Harvey Bingham
  Cc: w3c-wai-eo@w3.org
  Sent: Monday, November 20, 2000 5:35 PM
  Subject: Re: WAI media Conformance?

  At 04:45 PM 11/20/00 +0000, jonathan chetwynd wrote:

    sound effects are also significant. this currently is not implemented by any browser (UA) to my knowledge
  I hereby expand your knowledge: Opera 4.02 will (perhaps "can be made to" is more accurate?) play .wav files when they are linked to by an HTML document. The example from the curriculum that you pointed out http://slow3.w3.org/WAI.old/wcag-curric/sam115-0.htm ("let's shake on it") works on my machine (once the .wav file is cached) but in both NS 6.3 and IE 5.5 I am required to load a "helper app" to play them and miss the immediacy of clicking on the link and hearing it sort of all at once as I do in Opera.

  --
  Love.
                  ACCESSIBILITY IS RIGHT - NOT PRIVILEGE