fwd: WAI HOME PAGE REDRAFT, two new versions

EOWG:

Regarding 3. http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/Drafts/WAI-home3.html

Ah, apologies, just did some cross-browser checking, and need to address
some table display problems in Netscape, and ,tablin tool problems in Amaya.

How does it look in IE? I'd been primarily mainly checking it in Opera for
these two pages.

- Judy

>Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 00:44:25 -0400
>To: EOWG <w3c-wai-eo@w3.org>
>From: Judy Brewer <jbrewer@w3.org>
>Subject: WAI HOME PAGE REDRAFT, two new versions
>
>EOWG:
>
>Two more versions to look at, each incorporating different comments and
approaches from today's discussions on the list, and neither one "done" --
e.g. the info and layout on each is re-organized, but many of the links are
unlinked for now.

>1. http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/Drafts/WAI-home.html
>This is the original page that I sent out Wednesday night for review.
>
>2. http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/Drafts/WAI-home4.html
>This version incorporates a number of the content-reorganization
suggestions from today, with the exception of Harvey's since I just saw
those late tonight after I'd done this redraft. But we can take his
comments into account tomorrow.

>3. http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/Drafts/WAI-home3.html
>This page doesn't yet incorporate the good suggestions for
content-reorganizations from today, however I'd be interested in your
reactions to the layout experiment (and obviously none of the resources are
linked yet, but they would be if this layout seems worth pursuing).

>- Judy
>
>>Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 00:52:50 -0400
>>To: EOWG <w3c-wai-eo@w3.org>
>>From: Judy Brewer <jbrewer@w3.org>
>>Subject: For review: WAI HOME PAGE REDRAFT
>>
>>EOWG:
>>
>>Please review this redraft of the WAI Home Page -- and please read this
before commenting.

>>- the purpose of this redraft is to reorganize and clean up the current
home page;
>>- it is not a fancy redesign -- we will do more on another round;
>>- there are still some style sheet bugs, and it needs to be tested in
multiple browsers;
>>- it breaks information out into several new sub-pages, which also should
be reviewed;
>>- while the sub-pages are at their proper URI's, the redraft of the home
page is_not_ in its eventual home, so you'll need your "go back" command to
get back to it from any sub-pages, until it is at its own URL (next week,
if this is accepted as an improvement over the current home page);
>>- some info is missing, and some links not yet active, as you will see
(e.g. the "how to participate" or "how to get involved" page is not yet in
place).

>>Questions for review:
>>- is the organization of info better?
>>- are the navigation options clear?
>>- are there key pieces of info you can't easily find?
>>- does it work well on various assistive technologies?
>>- does it display well in GUI browsers?
>>- is it an improvement over the current WAI home page (this should not be
a great challenge...)?
>>- other?
>>
>>Send review comments to:
>>- w3c-wai-eo@w3.org, with a subject line of "WAI HOME PAGE REDRAFT"
>>
>>Pages for review:
>>	http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/Drafts/WAI-home.html
>>	http://www.w3.org/WAI/events.html
>>	http://www.w3.org/WAI/Resources/
>>	http://www.w3.org/WAI/contacts.html
>>
>>Comments in advance of our EOWG meeting this Friday August 25 are welcome.
>>
>>Thanks,
>>
>>- Judy
World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)