Re: Review reminder, Accessibility Features of SVG

These comments in refer to Accessibility Features of SVG, W3C Note 7 August
2000
[ http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/NOTE-SVG-access-20000807/ ]

Editorial comment:

In section 1.1, might the sentence: "The working context of people with (or
without) disabilities can vary enormously." be better stated as "The
working context of people (with or without disabilities) varies enormously."

In section 1.2, in the paragraph under the heading "Alternative
Equivalents", the second sentence needs the word "allows" inserted between
"SVG" and "authors".

In example 2.2, is the first </g> supposed to be there? Isn't that a stray
end-tag?

General comments:

I would appreciate a concise list of the accessibility features of SVG in
the introductory section (perhaps with links to the subsequent examples of
use).  Such a list could be more easily extracted into a one-page handout
or presentation slide.

I think I recall someone (possibly William) commenting that this note could
well be split into two documents: a features overview and a user-guide for
accessible SVG design.  As I got deeper and deeper into it, and the code
examples grew longer and longer, I began to agree.

Having read the first three sections fairly carefully and having skimmed
the remainder, I am now all excited about SVG.  I have been talking-up the
promise of SVG for some time now, and have been very lucky that people just
stared at me blankly and didn't ask any questions about it.  I am happy
that I can now answer some questions if and when they get asked, except of
course, for the big one: when will it matter?

Regards,
Chuck Letourneau

At 24/08/00 01:06 AM , you wrote:
>EOWG:
>
>A reminder that the SVG access note is under review:
>         http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-eo/2000JulSep/0080.html
>
>We've only gotten a few EOWG comments on it so far; ideally we should have
>at least four or five EOWG members give it a serious read-through. If you
>are planning to review and comment on it, could you please reply to this
>message on the EOWG mailing list so we know how much additional review the
>note will be getting?
>
>(If you're not going to review it -- and not everyone has fun reading
>detailed technical documents, which is fine -- please do _not_ reply to
>this message.)
>
>Thank you,
>
>- Judy
>--
>Judy Brewer    jbrewer@w3.org    +1.617.258.9741    http://www.w3.org/WAI
>Director, Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI) International Program Office
>World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)
>MIT/LCS Room NE43-355, 545 Technology Square, Cambridge, MA,  02139,  USA

----
Starling Access Services
  "Access A World Of Possibility"
   e-mail: info@starlingweb.com