Re: Web masters could submit their sites for informal....

Jonathan,

Do you mean a search function for information on the WAI site, for instance
as on the User Agent Guidelines Working Group home page at
<http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/>?

That is very easy to do and something that we'd planned to add to the WAI
home page, and it could also be added to other working group pages, or to
planning pages such as for the Review Teams and the Gallery. Alternatively
we can just add a link to the W3C search function from any of our pages.

Or do you mean something more specific to the review topics, for instance a
way to search for Web sites that are undergoing review?

Or a way for Web masters to search for information to help make their sites
more accessible? That could also be addressed by the "Getting started on
Web accessibility" or "How to make your site accessible" page that we've
discussed a few times recently. That might be more effective than just
telling people to search for the information.

- Judy

At 03:03 PM 1/21/00 -0000, Jonathan Chetwynd wrote:
>People who are interested will be submitting pages
>and whilst the group would be able to help.
>it is important to build some form of search function
>as the the work is in progress and from the start.
>
>ie a box to type a keyword into, with responses limited to WAI pages, or
>possibly including members pages.
>
>it is very difficult to pre-define the interests of users woth such a broad
>based project.
>
>jay@peepo.com
>
>Jonathan Chetwynd
>Special needs teacher / web accessibility consultant
>education and outreach working group member, web accessibility initiative,
>W3C

World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)