Re: Training page -- new draft, please comment

William,

At 06:18 AM 6/8/00 -0700, William Loughborough wrote:
>Hell of a start. This could well be EO's "portal to Webfix".

Please be more explicit. Good? Bad? Suggested improvements?

>Perhaps as we participate more we can flesh out our own "versions"
>instead of just commenting. That way we become trained as well as
>trainers. Maybe the document can even be one to download, modify, and
>put up for comment? Anyway that's what I will undertake.

So that we can move this along, please make comments onto the list and we
can discuss those and take those into account. At our last meeting a few
folks offered to do alternate versions, and those didn't happen, so I'm
asking people instead to comment on this version so we can get it usable
fairly soon.

>The
>http://www.bib.ecs.soton.ac.uk/data/3368/html/WRWH.html paper
>questioning the paucity of true inline hypertext linking suggests a much
>richer use of links, so that's what I'm going to try.

The final version will have many more links to resources -- this version
shows a reorganization, which needs comments; and suggested approaches to
try, which need comment. I haven't yet added links to all of the various
resources, but will do more of that, particularly once the basic
organization and content has gotten more comment.

If you have specific suggestions of things you would like to see links to
(besides the obvious ones for documents or resources that are mentioned in
text and links haven't yet been added) those would also be helpful.

>Back in a few days with, I hope a demonstration of how I envision this
>document.

Any chance you can provide more specific comments on the list before our
meeting instead?

>Love.
>            ACCESSIBILITY IS RIGHT - NOT PRIVILEGE
>http://dicomp.pair.com