Policies

From: Neff, Robert <Robert.Neff@usmint.treas.gov>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 1999 16:26:33 -0500
To: "'w3c-wai-eo@w3.org'" <w3c-wai-eo@w3.org>
Cc: "Folks, Jerry" <JFolks@usmint.treas.gov>
In the US Federal government, I just learned that the legal protection for
PWDs fall under the Equal Education and Opportunity (EEO) Mandate.  Every US
Government Agency has an EEO office with a PWD representative.  I have just
met with our EEO representative and Chief Information Officer and we want to
build a Universal Accessibility Policy for the US Mint.  We want PWDs to be
productive and support this effort.  We also want to make this part of the
Information Technology Policy.

Has anyone done this?  Have suggestions?

We may also be interested in outsourcing the development of the policy.  Can
anyone recommend non-profits or anyone that writes policies like this?

humbly asking for your assistance, rob