Re: waicard9

From: Daniel Dardailler <danield@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 1999 15:42:23 +0100
To: "Geoff Freed" <Geoff_Freed@wgbh.org>
cc: "US Mint - Robert Neff" <Robert.Neff@usmint.treas.gov>, w3c-wai-eo@w3.org

> 1.  I was under the impression that we would be updating this card
> as technology improved.  If this is actually the case, then we
> should be using revision numbers.

I'm not sure you've seen my argument.

> 2.  I think sometimes "where practical" can be interpreted as "where
> convenient."  I vote for leaving "where practical" out.

How about "wherever possible" ?

> Multimedia: Provide captioning and transcripts of audio,
>  descriptions of video, and accessible versions when
>  non-W3C inaccessible formats are used.
>
> This sounds to me like we're saying all non-W3C formats are inaccessible.  how about...
>
> "...and accessible versions when non-W3C or inaccessible formats are used."

I'm tempted to just drop non-W3C then.

A few other changes showed up in waicard9 since this morning:
  - In my local office review here in Sophia, someone told me we
    should emphasize the word "function" in the Image tip
  - the same person didn't get the "read out of context" (and he's not
    a HTML beginner to say the least) so I added back the 'No "Click
    Here"' piece.