Re: Alternative Browsers and Screen-readers

A couple of new browsers:

EIAD, developed by Rob Seiler, is a browser meant for people with learning
disabilities in particular. http://gippsnet.com.au/eiad/eiad.html

Tango is used becuase it has good mulitlingual support.
http://www.alis.com/internet_products/browser/browser.html

To clarify: Emacspeak is not a browser, it is a speech output system for
Emacs. The fact that emacs can incorporate so many functions - a shell,
editor, some browsers, mail package, etc, means that it is somewhere
between a screenreader and a speech-output enviroment which can include a
browser.

Charles

  At 10:50 AM 1/20/99 -0500, Charles McCathieNevile wrote:
  >Another alternative browser is the combination of w3 and emacspeak.
  >
  >Charles McCathieNevile
  >
  >On Wed, 20 Jan 1999, Peter Bosher wrote:
  >
  >  Greetings EOWG,
  >
  >  I'm working on a collection of alternative browsers and screen-readers for
  >  one of the EO deliverables.   this is for reference and to help check pages
  >  with different browsers and combinations of browsers and screen-readers.
  >
  >  this may be discussed during Friday's meeting, and I'd welcome any
  >  suggestions for improvements or additions.
  >
  >  In particular, there could be a third section for "mainstream alternative
  >  browsers" such as LYNX, Opera, net-tamer ..., would this be helpful?  And
  >  can you let me have references for any others, Arach.... and others I can't
  >  call to mind.
  >
  >  the first draft is at http://www.soundlinks.com/absr.htm.
  >
  >  Regards,
  >
  >  Peter.