The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines Curriculum

From: Tom McCain <tmccain@butler.edu>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 10:29:13 -0500 (EST)
To: w3c-wai-eo@w3.org
Comments:

The Examples section is extremely helpful!

In general, I find this a good reference as a trainer, as someone who is
carrying the message of web accessible design.

It is not yet a curriculum I would use directly with either beginner web
designers or experienced graphic designers. Both groups, in my experience,
need filtering lessons about "why?" and "how do I justify the extra time
it takes?". In addition, both need help shifting their thinking to include
accessible design from the beginning.

Those are issues I can help them with, though. Thanks for the many hours
you have put into this work.

tom mcCain, Butler University, Indianapolis USA

Work phone: 317 940-8138
Email address: tmccain@butler.edu
Web addresses: http://trevor.butler.edu/~tmccain
               http://www.crittur.com