Re: The slide show

Thanks for your comments and corrections Alan.

The spelling and typos you mentioned will be fixed.

The only material directly lifted from the WCA Guidelines are the body text
of the Guideline set (slides gid1-0.htm through gid15.htm).  On yesterday's
EO call, I think we pretty much decided to leave the text as close to the
text of the published reference (for now), with the exception that specific
references to things in the WCAG may be removed.

As far as I am concerned, if you want to take a shot at "fixing" the
guideline slides as you suggest (i.e. point form, etc.), go for it.  There
is no guarantee that we would use it, and the EO group (and likely the WCAG
WG) would certainly have to review and agree to the changes.  You might
want to discuss the plan with Judy before embarking on it.

Cheers!
Chuck

At 30/04/99 10:05 AM , Alan Cantor wrote:
>This is such a tremendous effort. When the history of WAI is written, I
>bet that Chuck and Geoff's slide show will be viewed as one of the group's
>crowning achievements.
>
>I looked at the entire slide show last night, and noticed a couple of
>typos (e.g., Usage:  Reference side: change "sectons" to "sections,"
>remove extra period at the end of the following paragraph)... I liked what
>I read, in general, but I began to wonder whether the text could be more
>concise... the text was verbose in places... I thought that some ideas
>could be expressed better in point form. And given that this is a slide
>show, this would be entirely appropriate.
>
>How much of the Guideline section has been lifted from the "real"
>guidelines, and how much leeway do we have in editing the materials for
>clarity and conciseness?
>
>Alan

----
Starling Access Services