RE: comments on Jan's responses - finishing up Part A of ATAG2.0

Hi Tim,

My comments marked by JR:

From: w3c-wai-au-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-wai-au-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Boland Jr, Frederick E.
Sent: August 5, 2011 9:59 AM
To: w3c-wai-au@w3.org
Subject: comments on Jan's responses - finishing up Part A of ATAG2.0

Still based on June 13 ATAG2.0 draft:

http://www.w3.org/WAI/AU/2011/ED-ATAG20-20110613/

for consistency with earlier comments

A.4.1.1
1st bullet - please drop "immediately" due to testability concerns
JR: OK

5th bullet - i still think it should be made explicit that the warning is given in advance of the action being
"committed" (there should be some time-sensitivity in when the warning is presented to the author)

JR: Perhaps:
(b) Confirm Irreversible: The authoring tool requires authors to confirm before irreversible actions are committed.

A.4.1.2
4th bullet - I think we need a definition of "authoring tool setting"

JR: Perhaps:
Authoring Tool Settings: Author-configurable settings that control how the authoring tool behaves with respect to authors.  Authoring tool settings may be referred to as user preferences, preference settings, options, etc.

6th bullet - what I mean is do the current settings override the default settings or initial settings
and do those saved settings persist across multiple authoring sessions?

JR: I see, but I don't think we need to get so low level.

A.4.2.1
general - I think we should add "by the authoring tool"  so it should read "documented by the authoring tool"
- makes it clear that we are testing the authoring tool and that the authoring tool actually needs to provide the
documentation in some fashion

JR: Maybe this would be more clear:
The authoring tool includes documentation for all features that must be present to meet Part A of ATAG 2.0 (e.g. keyboard shortcuts, text search, etc.).

that's it for Part A - I'll do the same exercise now for Part B but work from the updated 18 July 2011 draft if that's OK??:
http://www.w3.org/WAI/AU/2011/ED-ATAG20-20110718/

JR: OK

Thanks and best wishes
Tim Boland NIST