Minutes AUWG Teleconference on 18 July 2011 4:00pm-5pm ET

Publishing was approved.

Minutes:
http://www.w3.org/2011/07/18-au-minutes.html

Text:
Attendees

Present
    Jeanne, Alex, +1.571.765.aaaa, Greg, Jutta, Jan, Cherie, Tim_Boland
Regrets
    Sueann, N.
Chair
    Jutta Treviranus
Scribe
    Jan

Contents

    Topics
        1. Vote on overall approval of responses to comments on previous Last Call draft.
        2. Vote on whether to publish (non-Last Call) Public Working Draft
        3. Discuss new schedule (see below)
        4. Tim's issues:
    Summary of Action Items

<trackbot> Date: 18 July 2011

<scribe> Meeting: WAI AU

http://www.w3.org/WAI/AU/2011/atag20-8Jul10LC-comments-updated14july2011.html

<scribe> scribe: Jan
1. Vote on overall approval of responses to comments on previous Last Call draft.

http://www.w3.org/WAI/AU/2011/atag20-8Jul10LC-comments-updated14july2011.html

<jeanne> +1

Alex: ok

<Greg> +1

Cherie: ok

Greg: ok

Jeanne: ok\

Jan: ok

JT: We decided to send each commenter a message pointing to all the comments and explaining how to find the responses to theris
2. Vote on whether to publish (non-Last Call) Public Working Draft

http://www.w3.org/WAI/AU/2011/ED-ATAG20-20110718/

http://www.w3.org/WAI/AU/2011/ED-IMPLEMENTING-ATAG20-20110718/

<jeanne> +1

Jan: ok

<Greg> okay

Alex: Greg: ok

The software environment within which the authoring tool operates. In the case of web-based authoring user interfaces, this will be user agents. In the case of non-web-based user interfaces this will be operating systems (e.g. Windows, Mac OS, Linux), virtual machines (e.g. JVM), etc.

http://www.w3.org/WAI/AU/2011/ED-ATAG20-20110613/

The software environment within which the authoring tool operates. Platforms provide a consistent operational environment on top of lower level software platforms or hardware. For web-based authoring user interfaces, the most relevant platform will be a user agent (e.g. browser). For non-web-based user interfaces, the range of platforms includes, but may not be limited to, desktop operating...

scribe: systems (e.g. GNOME desktop on Linux, MacOS, Windows, etc.), mobile operating systems (e.g. Android, Blackberry, iOS, Windows Phone, etc.), or cross-OS environments (e.g. Java), etc.

Note 1: Many platforms mediate communication between applications operating on the platform and assistive technology via a platform accessibility service.

Note 2: Accessibility guidelines for developers exist for many platforms.

http://www.w3.org/WAI/AU/2011/ED-ATAG20-20110718/

http://www.w3.org/WAI/AU/2011/ED-IMPLEMENTING-ATAG20-20110718/#sc_a121

<scribe> ACTION: JR to Talk to SN about the Eclipse and Lotus Notes examples. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/07/18-au-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-349 - Talk to SN about the Eclipse and Lotus Notes examples. [on Jan Richards - due 2011-07-25].
3. Discuss new schedule (see below)

JS: August 2013 should be August 2012
4. Tim's issues:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2011JulSep/0013.html

<scribe> ACTION: JR to propose rewordings of "author can" that instead use variants of "authoring tool includes a mechanism to" [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/07/18-au-minutes.html#action02]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-350 - Propose rewordings of "author can" that instead use variants of "authoring tool includes a mechanism to" [on Jan Richards - due 2011-07-25].

TB: Reviewing the other half of JR's comments on Part A
... Will send those by the end of the week

JT: Thanks everyone...we will be sending out the comment responses and publishing a WD
Summary of Action Items
[NEW] ACTION: JR to propose rewordings of "author can" that instead use variants of "authoring tool includes a mechanism to" [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/07/18-au-minutes.html#action02]
[NEW] ACTION: JR to Talk to SN about the Eclipse and Lotus Notes examples. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/07/18-au-minutes.html#action01]

--