RE: A.2.2.1 wording

Hi Alastair,

I think even my rewording attempt departed too much from the point that the UI might change the presentation rather than the content to communicate. What about this:

A.2.2.1 Editing-View Messages: If an editing-view modifies the presentation of the web content being edited to convey status information about the content to authors, then that status information, not simply the modified presentation, can be programmatically determined.
Note: Status information conveyed by modifying the presentation of editing-views may include, but is not limited to, spelling, grammar and syntax errors.

Cheers,
Jan

--
(Mr) Jan Richards, M.Sc.