Re: AUWG Teleconference on 8 February 2010 4:00pm-5pm ET

Hi Tim,

Thanks for taking the time to do this - that storm looked like a nasty one.

My comments in-line....

Boland Jr., Frederick E. wrote:
> I started reviewing the first items.. I put comments after the respective items..
>
> Best, Tim Boland NIST
>
> PS - will try to join late if possible, but we had a big snow storm here, and need to dig out and do other activities.. Government is closed today..

Not exactly....I'm tempted to say "analog" but of course everything on
the screen is digital...but analog-like....so many small data-points
that working at that level is impractical.

> (b) Rewording Guideline B.1.2 Ensure that the authoring tool preserves
> accessibility information
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2010JanMar/0043.html
> [] Accept the proposal
> [] Recommend changes (see comments field)
> [x] The proposal needs more discussion (see comments field)
> [] Disagree with the proposal
> [] Neutral - will accept the consensus of the group
>
> Comments:  "in a way that is available to end users" may be difficult to objectively test (seems somewhat general - nonspecific- and subjective)?

"Available for end users" is actually taken right from our current
wording....but you have good point...

How about "is preserved as accessibility information in the output". In
the intent we can be specific that this rules out sticking it in as a
comment in the markup because that isn't rendered and is not typically
considered accessibility information.