Re: Decision Support in ATAG

As further clarification to the decision support proposal.

Techniques to meet this success criteria would include any support
that answers questions such as:
- what are the accessibility implications of making this choice?
- what will i need to do to make this
technology/markup/element/component accessible?
- what accessibility support does this
technology/markup/element/component provide?

In a Web App development toolkit this may be met by an indication of
which components or component sets offered include ARIA markup.
In a generic Web content development tool this may be met by
indicating how captions can be included in Flash vs. Quicktime vs.
Real etc.
In a Wiki editing tool this may be met by indicating that the html
based styling mechanisms are more accessible.
etc.

These advisories can be offered in the form of unobtrusive icons with
links to further information or a dialog or in other ways appropriate
to the look and feel of the interface.

Jutta