From: "Karen Mardahl" <karen@mardahl.dk>
To: <w3c-wai-au@w3.org>
Sent: Monday, September 27, 2004 11:45 PM
Subject: Minutes of AUWG Teleconference on Monday, 27 September 2004

---

COMPLETE ITEMS:

. Finalize reference to ISO16071
(Roberto)
(See
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2004JulSep/0115.html)

JT: Need to review what Roberto has posted. Note that ISO is not stable.
Will be ready in 2006.

TB: is it appropriate to refer to the "stable" spec?

JT: Now have access to all docs as a Canadian rep. to this project.
JR: Can send relevant docs to me to go through for our references.
TB: Has decision about appropriateness of referencing ISO16071 been
finalized?
JR: Yes, it is OK, but there are other issues such as: is it OK to have
1
spec and then point to another for its conformance details (the WCAG
references)? Should we instead bring the WCAG refs. back into ATAG, and
then
release new ATAGs (2.1, 2.2, etc.) each time a new WCAG comes out.

TB: ISO defines levels, but doesn't mention conformance. The "impact
category" can be replaced. One can list a number of guidelines and any
jurisdiction or country can then categorize in different ways for their
own
purposes.
JT: We can say "this is the ATAG category" for the impact category.
TB: So ATAG is equal to a country - an "application profile."
JT: The present form of ISO 16071 is in committe draft (CD) at present.
We'll find out when it is stable and figure out status.