Re: Updated URL's on Jan's Test Site

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jan Richards" <jan.richards@utoronto.ca>
To: "Tim Boland" <frederick.boland@nist.gov>
Cc: <w3c-wai-au@w3.org>
Sent: Thursday, August 19, 2004 8:27 PM
Subject: Re: Updated URL's on Jan's Test Site

>I can possibly see combining the two categories of WCAG relative
>checkpoints (Web content and Web content-based authoring interfaces),
>but I'd like to see the ISO16071 relative category alone.

Yes. i agree too.

>Point 3 is quite tricky. I'd like to see something which asks people to
>refrain from making false claims. But who will ask them to withdraw a
>claim? The AUWG? A third-party reviewer? A competitor?

This is an old issue... until W3C don't create a "claim verification
service" (and who will pay for this) there is no possibility: I don't
think that W3C staff has also time to check, and go ahead wrong
expositions.
There could be a solution: make the buttons as ("tm"), so the incorrect
use is illegal use of trademark and W3C can request damage :)