Re: Work Item Progress Update

----- Original Message -----
From: "Charles McCathieNevile" <charles@w3.org>
To: "Jan Richards" <jan.richards@utoronto.ca>
Cc: "List (WAI-AUWG)" <w3c-wai-au@w3.org>
Sent: Thursday, July 29, 2004 8:31 AM
Subject: Re: Work Item Progress Update

> 3.1.1(10): Prompting and assisting for Metadata:
>   * (CMS) Publish accessibility status of all pages as EARL

Fully agree.

>   * (CMS,DOC) Check if the current user is the offficial author for
the
>page, and publish the author.

I suggest:

* (CMS,DOC): publish the author and last update / publishing date.
These information are useful for an user that visit a web page so -
IMHO - these would be nice to be put as metadata.

>   * (CMS,DOC,MM,PROG) Ask the author to confirm licensing conditions
for
>the content. (See, for example, the Creative Commons licenses, or the
GPL,
>LGPL, BSD and other software licenses)

This is difficoult... how u propose to do this?

>I'm trying to think about other important types of metadata that aren't
more
>readily available automatically...

Other interesting metadata could be oriented, for example, as P3P, pics
label (ICRA, etc.)