W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > w3c-wai-au@w3.org > July to September 2004

Re: AUWG Teleconference on Monday, 19 July 2004

From: Roberto Scano - IWA/HWG <rscano@iwa-italy.org>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 16:13:06 +0200
Message-ID: <000401c46d9a$89005cb0$0200a8c0@iwars>
To: "Jan Richards" <jan.richards@utoronto.ca>, "Tim Boland" <frederick.boland@nist.gov>
Cc: <w3c-wai-au@w3.org>

ISO 16071 haven't level A, AA, AAA but have Core, Primary, Secondary
that we can make equivalent to "A" levels:

Core = "A"
Primary = "AA"
Secondary = "AAA"

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Tim Boland" <frederick.boland@nist.gov>
To: "Jan Richards" <jan.richards@utoronto.ca>
Cc: <w3c-wai-au@w3.org>
Sent: Monday, July 19, 2004 4:02 PM
Subject: Re: AUWG Teleconference on Monday, 19 July 2004

In Guidelines - 2.3 Conformance, when "relative priority" is mentioned
Level A,AA, or AAA,
is this referring to WCAG relative priority, ISO16071 relative priority,
both (maybe-if the content is
web content, use WCAG, if non-web content use ISO16071?)?    The
for relative priority (WCAG or ISO16071)
should be explicitly mentioned in 2.3, referring to definitions cited
previously..  Currently the text
in 2.3 just says "relative priority", which may be ambiguous for a

Also, when will a final decision be made at W3C on whether ISO16071 can
even be referenced in ATAG2.0
as we're doing (if a final decision hasn't been made already?)

Could you please discuss at telecon if appropriate?

I must send regrets for the telecon, since I have a conflicting

Best wishes, Tim Boland NIST

At 01:38 PM 7/16/2004 -0400, you wrote:

>Just a reminder of the teleconference on Monday (19 July 2004)
>at 4:00 pm ET:
>Call: (617) 761-6200 ext. 2894#
>1. F2F update.
>2. Updated documents available at:
>3. Technique workplan progress check. (Monday is the deadline for
>Easy" items)
>VE: Very Easy: 19 July 2004
>. 4.3 (TIMING success criteria re-write)  JT [VE]
>E: Easy: 2 August 2004
>. ALL TECHS: THERE IS NO CAN, THERE IS ONLY DO, + lose "consider"
>wording  JR,MM,TB,GP [E]
>. 3.1.1 Examples x2  JR [E]
>. 3.1.1(11) - Prompting and assisting for document structure  GP, KM,
>. 3.1.1(15): Prompting and assisting for device independent handlers 
>MM [E]
>. Making minor changes to ATAG  MM, JR [E]
>. 4.2, success_criteria 3: JR to produce techs that mirror structure in
>4.4. [E]
>. 2 Illustrations in 4.3  JR [E]
>. CMS template example  JR, JT [E]
>. General re-formatting of techniques  MM, JR [E]
>H: Hard: 16 August 2004
>. 3.1.1(10)  Prompting and assisting for Metadata- disguised
>of TILE  JT/JR, LN [H]
>. 3.1.1(13): Prompting and assisting for style sheets  TB, JR [H]
>. 3.1.1(17): Prompting and assisting for other types of accessibility
>information  KM [H]
>. 3.1.1(18): Prompting and assisting the author to make use of up to
>date formats  JR, BF(?)[H]
>. Barry to continue with work on High Level XML  related techniques
>the document (with discussion on list). [H]
>Not classified:
>. Go over Config checkpoint (checkpoint 4.5)  TB []
>. QA review of ATAG work (GL's, techs)  TB []
>1. Try to put together set of templates (what questions) that can be
>used a tool - TB
>2. Updating the test plan draft since several ATAG and WCAG iterations
>have been made- TB
>3. Update Process (administrative etc.). TB
>4. "Project Review" from staff contact (MM) to W3C powers (Judy(?),
>that be explaining our testing challenges  MM. (timeline would be over
>a month) TB volunteers to help.
>4. Ideas for the next F2F location.
>Please send regrets or additional agenda items to the list.
>Jan Richards, M.Sc.
>User Interface Design Specialist
>Adaptive Technology Resource Centre (ATRC), University of Toronto
>    Email: jan.richards@utoronto.ca
>    Web:   http://jan.atrc.utoronto.ca
>    Phone: 416-946-7060
>    Fax:   416-971-2896
Received on Monday, 19 July 2004 10:13:35 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 21:39:49 UTC