Re: Comments on Authoring Tool Accessibility Guidelines 19991026

At 01:55 PM 11/24/1999 , Ian Jacobs wrote:
>Kynn Bartlett wrote:
> > I've always dislike the use of the word "ensure" in our guidelines.
>Substitute?

I feel that guidelines should be rewritten to avoid this kind of
meaningless phrasing.  Guidelines are supposed to ensure something
anyway; having that extra word and clumsy phrasing is less than
desirable, in my opinion.

This isn't enough of a bother, though, that I think anything -must-
be done with it, save for me to pipe up every now and then and try
to urge us away from "ensure that..." wording.