Authoring Tool Accessibility Guidelines

From: <Irene.Vatton@inrialpes.fr>
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 1999 10:26:05 +0200
To: w3c-wai-au@w3.org

I read the Authoring Tool Accessibility Guidelines and the accompanying
documents. I guess you did a great work.

There is only one point which embarrassed the Amaya team. It's the fact that
the ATAG refuses to consider an authoring tool which generates accessible
information but it's not itself accesible.
You can easily understand that the conformity will be harder to obtain for a
WYSIWYG authoring tool than a simple converter.
After a long internal discussion, the Amaya team finally agreed with that
position, considering that a WYSIWYG authoring tool should be compliant with
the User Agent Accessibility Guidelines too.

The Amaya team will follow authoring tool accessibility guidelines.
Our plan is to process step by step because we don't have the manpower to
work at the same time on the user interface, XML, CSS, I18N, HTTP and
accessibility.
If there is a very very urgent thing that we have to introduce in the next
November Amaya release, please let we know.

Regards
     Irene
Irène Vatton			e-mail: Irene.Vatton@inria.fr Irene.Vatton@w3.org
Tel: (33)476.61.53.61            Fax: (33)476.61.52.07
W3C/INRIA Rhône-Alpes
ZIRST - 655 avenue de l'Europe
38330 MONTBONNOT SAINT MARTIN