Re: Checkpoint 6.6 Re: Re Checkpoint 6.3

Charles McCathieNevile wrote:

> Two problems:
>
> 1. Transforming HTML that conveys structure into structural markup is
> tautological (unless you mean into non-HTML markup, but that doesn't seem to
> be the case)

My error (Sorry, I was doing this at the tail end of another meeting).
I meant "transform presentation markup used in place of structure into
structural markup".

> 2. This requirement, and the scope of the guidelines, goes beyond HTML. A
> number of the suggested techniques are not HTML at all. It is a (P3)
> requirement for an XML editing tool

My error again. Drop the "HTML" part and generalize it.

In short, explain a little what kind of transformations you are
talking about. I think "Allow transformations" without qualification
is just too general.

 - Ian

> On Tue, 31 Aug 1999, Ian Jacobs wrote:
>   Something like:
>
>   6.3 Allow the user to transform HTML presentation markup
>       into style sheets. Allow the user to transform HTML
>       that conveys structure into structural markup.

Tel/Fax:                     +1 212 684-1814