Re: Re Checkpoint 6.3

Charles McCathieNevile wrote:

> Here is my proposed guideline 6, with checkpoints and techniques - text
> version below, html version (the links probably won't work) attached

[snip]
>    natural practise (see also the previous guideline) rather than a

s/practise/practice

>    tiresome intrusion on their normal work pattern. For example some

"tiresome intrusion" may be a bit strong, although it's good to
acknowledge this. How about "disruption of their normal work pattern."
or "imposition on their normal work pattern."

>    6.4 Allow the author to override any removal of unrecognized markup.

Minor suggestion: s/any/the

>    6.5 Provide the author with a summary of the document accessibility
>           status on a configurable schedule. [Priority 3]

So should the "configurable" part be removed from this checkpoint as
well?
(Pushing configurability ideas to techniques)

>    6.6 Allow the author to perform element transformations. [Priority 3]
>           For example, to transform visually formatted elements to
>           structure elements, or tables to lists.

This checkpoint seems to vague to me. I think there needs
to be more information about the purpose of the transformations.
The techniques emphasize transformation of style elements to structural
elements. I realize one may not want to overconstraing the types
of transformations, but that would be more useful to start with.
The transformation of structure to style (e.g., don't use BLOCKQUOTE)
is also helpful.

 - Ian

Tel/Fax:                     +1 212 684-1814