Re: 3/26 notes - 2.7.2

I agree with Jutta. I think that the two parts of "making the tool
accessible" are clearly different and any attempt to merge the meaning
does confuse the issue. Obviously the two parts are related and thus
should remain part of the same document, but I have not heard a
convincing reason why anyone would be helped by placing the two
guideline sections into one long list.

- Jan

Charles McCathieNevile wrote:

> I don't think merging the two would confuse the reader. I think that if
> done right it would strengthen the message that accessibility of the tool
> and accessibility of the output are parts of making a tool accessible, and
> that both things are necessary.
>
> The overlap is primarily in the sections identified by Jutta - 2.6 and
> 2.7, but it seems to me a clear overlap rather than a dubious one.
>
> Charles
>
> On Wed, 31 Mar 1999, Jutta Treviranus wrote:
>
>   At 3:48 PM -0500 3/31/99, Charles McCathieNevile wrote:
>
>   >I also think that this is one of the areas where the distinction between
>   >section 2 and section 3 is meaningless. I therefore think Ian's proposal
>   >to merge the two sections has merit, and should be revisited.
>   >

>   I feel the two sections should not be merged. They address two very

Jan Richards
jan.richards@utoronto.ca
ATRC
University of Toronto