[review period - step 4] Re: Announcement of Dutch CAT of WCAG2.1

On 11/30/19 8:20 PM, Eric Velleman wrote:

> Dear W3C,
>

> The LTO, on behalf of the Dutch translation team, hereby announces the
> Dutch CAT of WCAG 2.1. We have worked on this translation together
> with the stakeholders named in the announcement mail [1].
>

> The CAT is available at:
>
> https://bartimeus-accessibility.github.io/wcag/translations/WCAG21NL-CAT-20191125/

Dear Eric,

Following the CAT announcement, we are now at the step in the Policy for
Authorized Translation when W3C initiates the review process, which will
last until 10 January 2020.

cf. https://www.w3.org/2005/02/TranslationPolicy.html
[[
4. W3C Initiation of Review Process:
      1. W3C announces a review period of at least 30 days of the CAT on
the translators' mailing list, specifying a separate, publicly archived
mailing list, in W3C or W3C Office Web space, to be used for commenting.
This mailing list may be a per-language list for all CATs in that
language, such as public-auth-trans-hu@w3.org for any Hungarian CAT, or
a list specifically set up for that CAT. All comments on the CAT must be
sent to this list. Postings to the mailing list may either be in the
language of translation or in English.
]]

The dedicated mailing list set up for the review process is:
       public-auth-trans-nl@w3.org

and the mail archive is at:
       https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-auth-trans-nl/

Subscription to this list can be done by sending an e-mail, with the
subject set to 'subscribe', to:
       public-auth-trans-nl-request@w3.org

The mailing list and the archive are public. Anybody can send an e-mail
to the list, apart from the fact that at the first send an anti-spam
"ritual" has to be followed (via an acknowledgement e-mail).

We encourage you to announce this review period to facilitate comments
from the public.

Please, communicate this information to your partners (this is step 5.1
of the Policy), and ask them to subscribe to the mailing list and use it
for the comments.

Step 5.1 requests that the general translators' mailing list be copied
when announcing availability of the CAT, which was done on 30 November:
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-translators/2019OctDec/0008.html

We invite you to follow the policy for step 5:
[[
5. LTO Notification of Review, Monitoring of Comments, and Revision of CAT:
      1. The LTO notifies the stakeholder organizations of the
availability of the CAT, the start of the review period, and the
existence of the mailing list for comments; directs them to send
comments to this mailing list; and copies this notification to the
general translators' mailing list.
      2. The LTO monitors the mailing list comments; provides
clarification when necessary; and summarizes consensus on specific
issues (when possible) to help the ongoing discussion.
      3. After the end of the review period, the LTO issues a new
version of the CAT as needed, and provides a list, in English and the
language of translation, of the points raised, and a summary of the
discussions during the review period, describing the problems found and
solutions agreed with the other reviewers. This summary must be posted
both to the publicly archived mailing list for this CAT, and to the
general translators' mailing list.
      4. In the event that no comments or only very few comments are
received during the review period, the LTO ensures that a majority of
the reviewing organizations send email to the translators' mailing list
confirming that they have in fact reviewed the document, and that they
consider it to be an accurate translation.
      5. The LTO then advises W3C whether a new review round is
necessary or not.
]]

Best regards,
Xueyuan Jia on behalf of W3C