Re: Restarting W3C Volunteer Translation Tracking

> On Oct 12, 2018, at 2:59, Stefan Schumacher <stefan@duckflight.de> wrote:
>
> So redefining the whole process into some group effort without the
> possible way to do it on your own and produce quick unauthorized
> translations, like Jens Oliver Meiert said, will not help.

It really is not what I have been suggesting :)

What I suggested is:

1) provide legacy translations in a format that can be used by CAT users (tmx or po)
2) provide a way to offer draft translations

By the way, item 2) is exactly what standard bodies do. They have public draft documents that people can comment on and modify and then they have final documents. I see no reason, technical or other, why the same process could not be adopted for translations.

Jean-Christophe Helary